The Siemens D500 has earned a reputation for itself as one of the most reliable powder XRD systems ever designed and our refurbished units continue to be one of our best selling models. These instruments are in use at many of the nations largest national laboratories, industrial giants and academic institutions where they are relied upon daily for quantitative and qualitative analysis of everything from geological specimens to high explosives. Optional software upgrades unlock the full potential of XRD analysis with WPF (Rietveld), Semi-automatic phase analysis (Search/Match) and others. These are truly “Research grade” instruments.
Our Siemens D500 diffractometers are thoroughly reconditioned at our Texas facility and can be ready for delivery anywhere in the world within 30 days of ordering in most cases. Our years of experience specializing in Siemens (now Bruker) XRD and WD-XRF instrumentation and huge stock of components allows us to customize each machine to suit the users specifications as well. A limited list of optional hardware and software is shown below, but feel free to contact us if there’s anything you’re interested in which is not listed.
The D500 operates with fully independent control of each axis which allows for rocking curve analysis as well as grazing incidence scans to be performed.
Advanced training in theory, sample preparation, analysis and applications is available through Texray Laboratory Services, our in-house testing lab. Let our Ph.D. scientists eliminate the learning curve so you can hit the ground running with optimized methods and qualified staff.
The base system includes:
- Used Cu anode x-ray tube with minimum 70% intensity vs new
- OEM software
- DACO computer interface
- Single sample stage
- Full set of interchangeable aperture slits
- 2700 W medium high voltage generator (modern style used in the latest instruments)
- NIM style measuring electronics
- Fully safety interlocked radiation housing with leaded glass window
- Complete set of manuals with schematics
- 12 month warranty against component failure under normal use (Additional coverage may be included in the quotation if desired)
The system may be configured to suit your needs with a wide variety of optional specialty attachments and software upgrades:
- Diffracted beam monochromator
- New X-ray tubes of various anode types and focal lengths
- Grazing incidence attachment for thin film analysis
- Rotating single sample holder
- Theta/Theta goniometer (Sample remains stationary while the tube and detector are moved)
- 40-position sample changer ( linear design means the samples are never inverted)
- Khi/Phi Eulerian cradle (Huber) upgrade for single crystal analysis
- Closed loop water chiller
- KSA High speed detector for data collection at 3-4 times normal speeds
Materials Data Inc. software upgrades may include everything from basic automation and data acquisition to full pattern analysis with plug-ins for many types of analysis. Upgraded software opens up the full potential of the D500:
- Data acquisition and instrument control
- Real-time data representation
- Optional modules for Retained Austenite and Respirable Silica analysis interface directly with Datascan to eliminate the need for a full analysis package for some users
- Instrument simulation with VXD module (standard)
Jade (9.7 or 2010)
- State-of-the-art pattern analysis software
- Whole Pattern Fitting (WPF) (Rietveld) analysis
- Search/Match qualitative phase analysis (requires pattern database)
- Calibrated quantification
- Pattern simulation
- Available with single user or network licenses
- Many other advanced features are available as plug-ins for Jade. Please call if you do not see the capability you’re interested in.
All instruments are available for demonstration at our Dallas, TX area facility. Delivery, installation and training may be included in the final quotation. On-site service, remote support, upgrades and replacement parts are available nationwide with offices in Dallas, TX and Philadelphia, PA. KS Analytical Systems partners with JS Technical Services to provide unmatched support after the sale for all our customers based on a combined experience of nearly 50 years specializing in Siemens and Bruker XRD and WD-XRF instrumentation. Please feel free to contact us via phone or e-mail with any questions you may have.