The D8 operates with fully independent control of each axis which allows for rocking curve analysis as well as grazing incidence scans to be performed.
Our diffractometers are thoroughly reconditioned and tested at our Texas facility and can be ready for delivery anywhere in the world within 30 days of ordering in most cases. Our 50 years of experience specializing in Siemens (now Bruker) XRD and WD-XRF instrumentation and large stock of components allows us to customize each machine to suit the users specifications as well. The D8 is also fully supported by Bruker-AXS. A limited list of optional hardware and software is shown below, but feel free to contact us if there’s anything you’re interested in which is not listed.
Advanced training in theory, sample preparation, analysis, and applications is available through Texray Laboratory Services, our in-house testing lab. Let our Ph.D. scientists eliminate the learning curve so you can hit the ground running with optimized methods and qualified staff.
The system includes:
- Used Cu anode X-ray tube with minimum 70% intensity vs. new
- Single sample stage
- Full set of interchangeable aperture slits slits
- Computer with original software (Windows based)
- 2700 W Medium frequency high voltage generator
- Integrated measuring electronics with scintillation detector
- Fully Interlocked radiation housing
- Manuals and schematics
- 1-year warranty against component failure under normal use (Additional coverage may be included in the quotation if desired)
The system may be configured to suit your needs with a wide variety of optional specialty attachments and software upgrades.
- Diffracted beam monochromator
- Digital phi stage (rotation controlled by stepper motor)
- Grazing incidence attachment (for thin films)
- 7 position sample changer
- New X-ray tubes of various x-ray tube target and focal types
- Theta/Theta goniometer or Theta/2Theta goniometer conversion
- Closed loop water chillers
- KSA Energy dispersive detector
- Scan times reduced by 60-75%
- Highest energy resolution available (~140eV)
- Can be operated as an EDXRF detector for elemental analysis (optional software required)
- Universal design
- No need for battery backup, LNC or long warm-up delays
- Bruker LynxEye position sensitive detector (PSD)
Materials Data Inc. software upgrades are very popular options for full pattern analysis with plug-ins for many special functions. Upgraded software opens up the full potential of the D8:
- State-of-the-art pattern analysis software
- Whole Pattern Fitting (WPF) (Rietveld) analysis
- Search/Match qualitative phase analysis (requires pattern database)
- Calibrated quantification
- Pattern simulation
- Available with single user or network licenses
- Many other advanced features are available as plug-ins for Jade. Please call if you do not see the capability you’re interested in.
- Advanced training classes are available through Texray Laboratory Services, a certified training outlet for all MDI Jade products.
All instruments are available for demonstration at our Dallas, TX area facility. Delivery, installation, and training may be included in the final quotation. Please feel free to contact us via phone or e-mail with any questions you may have.